The Library Business Services department provides support in the general areas of financial resource management, staffing, facilities maintenance and improvement, and all other business-related activities. The department is also responsible for creating and publicizing exhibits and events
, and for managing the Library’s art collection and all exhibit areas within Park Library.
Meet our Staff:
Manager, Library Business Services
Park Library 407A
- Provides leadership and support for resources (Fiscal, Human, Facilities, and Equipment) planning and management (Budget Oversight, Building Coordinator, and HR Officer).
- Serves principal Liaison with Human Resources, employment functions in Faculty Personnel Services, Facilities Management, and other University business offices.
- Ensures building maintenance, including custodial services, special projects, and reporting/management of facility issues.
Park Library 407G
- Ensures that the Library complies with University policies and procedures as they relate to business functions such as purchasing, payable accounting, credit card transactions, travel etc.
- Monitors budgets for all library cost centers and makes adjustments when needed.
- Processes invoices and budget reports.
- Orders supplies for various departments.
- Serves as a back-up for the Building Coordinator.
- Supports the Library Dean’s Office as needed.
Park Library 407B
- Directs the stewardship of the CMU art collection held within the Park Library.
- Manages the expansion of the art collection through purchase and donation.
- Manages all library exhibition areas, contracting with artists and scheduling traveling shows.
- Directs events and publicity for all art exhibitions.
- Designs and directs the production of Clarke Library historical exhibits.
Park Library 407H
- Prepares both facility/staff and student payrolls.
- Acts as liaison between Student Employment, Payroll, and various departments of the Libraries.
- Interprets student employment, faculty, P&A, OP, and ST policies and procedures.
- Facilitates the hiring of all student employees in the Libraries.