The Course Reserves and Copyright Services office is here to assist you with placing material on reserve for your students to access in support of your class instruction.
There are 2 types of course reserves:
- Electronic: Material uploaded into your Blackboard course shell
- Traditional: Material located at the Course Reserves and Copyright Services desk
NOTE: Traditional reserves are not available for Global Campus Programs courses.
The Course Reserves and Copyright Services office will:
- Secure permission to use material (if necessary)
- Obtain copies of the requested material
- Upload material into your Blackboard shell
- Process library and personal items to be located at the Course Reserves desk
To place material on reserve, contact Course Reserves and Copyright Services office by one of the following methods:
- Complete the
- Send an email to
- Print and complete the form and bring it into the Course Reserves and Copyright Services office or fax it to (989) 774-1599
All requests for copyright permission should be submitted to the Course Reserves and Copyright Services office
twelve weeks prior to the start of class. If you cannot meet this deadline, please submit your request as soon as possible. Every attempt will be made to obtain usage permission for the material before the start of the class.
The Course Reserves and Copyright Services office will begin processing your request as soon as possible. You will receive an email confirmation once the material has been placed on reserve.
Laurie Bellinger, Course Reserves and Copyright Supervisor
Phone: (989) 774-3828
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Susan Powers, Manager of Access Services and Resource Sharing
Phone: (989) 774-1212
Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.