Who is eligible to submit publications?
- Current Central Michigan University faculty, staff members, and emeriti who authored, co-authored, edited, co-edited, or translated books.
- By editor is meant someone who contributes to the written contents of the book in a substantial way—for example, someone who not only writes a (substantial) introduction but also contributes important chapters to the work.
Guidelines for acceptance:
- Publications bearing an imprint date of 2018 on the reverse of the title page.
- First edition of a work
- Subsequent editions of a work will be added to the collection and will be recognized on the website only.
- Books professionally published that have undergone editorial review.
- In general, books that are self-published should have undergone a vetting process and must meet the same standards as academic and professionally published books.
- Chapters, reprinted dissertations, and vanity press publications will not be considered.
- A committee of three, representing the library and teaching faculty, jury the submissions for eligibility.
- Eligible faculty, staff members, and emeriti did not have to be at CMU when the book was published.
AT THIS TIME SUBMISSIONS ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED FOR THE APRIL 2019 EVENT.