Last Updated: 02/2018
Campus ID card or guest card will be required for borrowing and renewing. To receive a guest card picture identification will be required.
|Undergraduates|| 28 days|
|Guest Borrowers|| 28 days|
|Doctoral|| 184 days|
|Emeriti|| 184 days|
|Graduates|| 184 days|
|Graduate Assistants|| 184 days|
|Faculty/Staff|| 184 days|
|Visiting Faculty|| 184 days|
Multicultural Videos - 7 day loan period
Media Collection Videos - Faculty/Staff 7 days - Students 3 days
- Browsing - 28 day loan period
- Course Reserves
- Documents on Demand Material
Circulating material may be recalled for someone else and the loan period may be reduced. Failure to return the material by the date given on the recall notice will automatically make it overdue and will be subject to overdue penalties and suspension of borrowing privileges.
Return of Material
Material must be returned to one of the following locations: return slots at the 2nd floor Checkout Desk, one of the exterior book drops at the Park Library, or mailed to Central Michigan University, Checkout Desk, Park Library 221, Mount Pleasant, MI 48859.
Material may be renewed at the Checkout Desk, by telephone 774-3114 or online from the CMU Libraries’ homepage –
library.cmich.edu. Under 'Quick Links' on the homepage, click under Services, “Renew Library materials” and follow the prompts.
Overdue notifications will be sent by email to your
cmich account only. Overdue notices are sent by the library as a courtesy.
Failure to receive or read the messages does not excuse the overdue fines.
Overdue Library Material Policies
- Overdue notifications will be sent by email Overdue notifications are sent by the library as a courtesy. Failure to receive or read the messages does not excuse the overdue fines.
- After 14 days overdue there is a charge of $5.00 for each item. (For example, the charge of 5 overdue items is $25.00; overdue fines are non-refundable.) EXCEPTION: Multicultural Videos are charged at 2 days overdue. Media Collection and Course Reserve fines are immediate at $5.00 per day per item.
- Material not returned or renewed within 21 days of due date will be assumed lost. The borrower will be charged the actual library purchase price. If the purchase price cannot be determined a $60.00 replacement charge will be assessed. If an item which was assumed lost is returned within 6 months, the replacement charge, but not the processing and late fees will be credited to the borrower's account.