Last Updated: 1/2017
Campus ID card or guest card will be required for borrowing and renewing. To receive a guest card picture identification will be required.
A paper receipt is given when using the Self Checkout Machine.
|Undergraduates|| 28 days|
|Guest Borrowers|| 28 days|
|Doctoral|| 184 days|
|Emeriti|| 184 days|
|Graduates|| 60 days|
|Graduate Assistants|| 184 days|
|Faculty/Staff|| 184 days|
|Visiting Faculty|| 184 days|
Multicultural Videos - 7 day loan period
Media Collection Videos - Faculty/Staff 7 days - Students 3 days
Betty A. McDonald Children’s Collection and Browsing - 28 day loan period
Material My Be Recalled
Circulating material may be recalled for someone else and the loan period may be reduced. Failure to return the material by the date given on the recall notice will automatically make it overdue and will be subject to overdue penalties and suspension of borrowing privileges.
Return of Materials
Material must be returned to one of the following locations: return slots at the 2nd floor Check-Out Desk, one of the exterior book drops at the Park Library, or mailed to Central Michigan University, Checkout Desk, Park Library 221, Mount Pleasant, MI 48859.
Material may be renewed at the Checkout Desk, by telephone 774-3114 or online from the CMU Libraries’ homepage –
library.cmich.edu. Under the “Services” tab go to “My Centra Account” and follow the prompts.
Overdue notifications will be sent by email to your
cmich account only. If you do not have a cmich account they will be sent by regular mail. Overdue notices are sent by the library as a courtesy.
Failure to receive or read the messages does not excuse the overdue fines.
Group Study Room Policies
- Only current Central Michigan University faculty, staff, and students are allowed to reserve/use Group Study Rooms.
- A Valid CMU ID card is required to check out a group study room.
- Accepting the key indicates you agree to abide by the library's study room policies. Non-compliances to the policies may result in loss of study room privileges.
- Overdue key fines are as follows: $5.00 late fee will incur when the key is late and $1.00 fine for each additional hour. At twelve hours overdue the key will be considered lost. Lost keys will result in a $50.00 replacement charge, a non-refundable $15.00 processing fee and the fines.
About The Study Rooms
- The main purpose of the rooms is for academic purposes and quiet collaboration. They are not to be used for social gatherings, non-academic projects, classes, meetings, etc.
- Rooms are not soundproof and users should be considerate of others and keep noise at a moderate level.
- Rooms may be checked out for two hours, with no renewals. Back-to-back reservations are not allowed.
- Drinks are permitted in spill proof containers only. Food is not allowed. If food is found you will be asked to vacate the room.
- Reservations can be made to the Checkout Desk either in person or by telephone at (989) 774-3114. There are six rooms available which can be reserved up to one week in advance; others are available on a first come first serve basis. Reservations are held for only 15 minutes after the scheduled times begins.
- Do not leave room unattended, the library is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Room layout should not be altered. Extra furniture is not allowed.
- The door should be locked when leaving the room. All rooms must be vacated and keys returned 15 minutes before the library closes.
- Rules are the same as stated above, with the following addition: Charges for repairs will be assessed to the last known user; therefore, any damage should be reported immediately to the Checkout Desk staff on the 2nd floor.
Individual Study Room Policies
- Use of study rooms is limited to current Central Michigan University's faculty, staff, students and emeritus.
- CMU ID cards are required at check-out.
- Accepting the key indicates you agree to abide by the library's study room policies.
About The Study Rooms
- Rooms are meant to be used for individual studying.
- Rooms are checked out for four hours on a first come first serve basis.
- The Library is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Keys not returned will be considered lost, and will result in a $50.00 replacement charge and a non-refundable $15.00 processing fee.
Laptop Loan Policies and Procedures
- Keys may not be taken out of the Park Library.
- All rooms must be vacated and keys returned 15 minutes before the library closes.
- Drinks are only permitted in spill proof containers. Food is not allowed.
- The door should be locked when leaving the room.
- The key may not be loaned, misused or altered in any way.
- Room layout should not be altered.
- Violations of these rules will result in loss of study room privileges.
- Library laptops DO NOT leave the main library.
- Do not leave the laptop unattended at any time.
- You must have a valid CMU ID.
- Laptops are checked out for 2 hour increments.
- You are financially liable for the loss or damage to the laptop.
- Any files saved to the laptop will be lost upon rebooting. Your work must be saved to a thumb drive or CD before turning off the computer or returning it. The library is not responsible for lost files.
- No software is to be installed on the laptop computers.
- Laptops not returned within 24 hours are presumed lost, and a replacement fee of $1,900 for Mac's or $1,150 for PC's, in addition to overdue fees will be assessed.
Overdue Library Material Policies
- Headphones may be checked out for 4 hours.
- If no one has requested them, headphones may be renewed for an additional 4 hours.
- Headphones will become overdue 4 hours after the check out period has expired. A $5.00 overdue fee will be assessed.
- If headphones are not returned one day after the check out period, the borrower will be invoiced the replacement cost of $10.00 plus a $15.00 non-refundable processing fee.
- Headphones left unattended and stolen are the responsibility of the person who has checked them out.
- Overdue notifications will be sent by email, if you do not have an email they will be sent by regular mail. Overdue notifications are sent by the library as a courtesy. Failure to receive or read the messages does not excuse the overdue fines.
- After 14 days overdue there is a charge of $5.00 for each item. (For example, the charge of 5 overdue items is $25.00; overdue fines are non-refundable.) EXCEPTION: Multicultural Videos are charged at 2 days overdue. Media Collection fines are immediate at $5.00 per day per item.
- Material not returned or renewed within 21 days of due date will be assumed lost. The borrower will be charged the actual library purchase price and a $15.00 non-refundable processing fee per item. If the purchase price cannot be determined a $60.00 replacement charge will be assessed plus the $15.00 non-refundable processing fee. If an item which was assumed lost is returned within one year, the replacement charge, but not the $20.00 processing and late fees will be credited to the borrower's account.
- A Circulating item may be recalled for another borrower and the loan period may be reduced. Failure to return the item by the date given on the recall notification will automatically make the book overdue and the borrower subject to overdue penalties and suspension of borrowing privileges.
If you have problems, questions, or special service requests, please contact:
JANE MOREY, Service Desk Operations Supervisor
774-1164, Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
RANDY CLAYPOOL, Evening Circulation/Info Desk/Monitors Supervisor
774-1307, Sunday-Wednesday 5:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m., Thursday 3:00 p.m. - Midnight
LAURIE BELLINGER, Service Desk Operations Supervisor
774-3828, Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES REQUIRING ACCOMODATIONS SHOULD CONTACT ROB FALEER AT 774-3835 OR THE REFERENCE DESK AT 774-3470.