Last Updated: 11/20/2014
Main Corridor Policies
- Anyone wishing to schedule activities in the Park Library main corridor must receive permission from the Library Facility Specialist.
- Reservation forms are available
- Recommended uses include: Sharing information about university divisions, colleges, departments, and offices; recognition of student and faculty academic achievements; and other activities related to the academic and program activities of the university.
- The requestor must represent an official CMU division, college, department, or office. Exceptions may be made for registered CMU student organizations:
- when the purpose of the activity is related to the academic and program activities of the university;
- no more than twice per week;
- not exceeding a total of eight hours per week; and
- in compliance with CMU’s
- Prohibited uses include but are not limited to:
commercial solicitation and fundraising; promotion of non-CMU products, services, or events; aggressive distribution of such items as fliers, surveys, or questionnaires.
- Requests must be made at least one-week in advance.
- Space is reserved in the order in which requests are received.
- The Library reserves the right to reassign or cancel reservations(s) to assure the maximum and most appropriate utilization of its space.
- The Library asks for at least a 48-hour notification of cancellation. If an organization/department fails to give proper notification, permission to use the Library facilities in the future may be withheld.
- Changes or additions made to the original request affecting the reserved space should be communicated to the Library 48 hours prior to the event.
- Arrangements for tables and chairs should be made with the Library Facility Specialist. It is the requestor's responsibility to contact the Facility Specialist at least 48 hours prior to the event for their furniture needs.
- Use of the corridor is limited to the northeast side. All doors, glass walls, and glassed displays will not be blocked or obstructed.
- All signage and materials are the requestor's responsibility, and are subject to approval by appropriate Library staff. If needed, the Library may provide a limited amount of furniture to support the activity.
- No signs, tape, glue, tacks, or nails are permitted on the walls.
- When the Library provides space for scheduled activities, it assumes no responsibility for the success of scheduled meeting(s)/event(s).
- The Library is not responsible for items lost or stolen.
- All groups using University space are expected to adhere to the laws of the State of Michigan, all local and federal laws, and general policies, regulations, and guidelines of the Library and Central Michigan University. Failure to comply with these regulations may result in forfeit of the privilege of utilizing University facilities.