Last Updated: 10/6/09
A CMU ID or guest borrower card is required for borrowing and renewing Course Reserve material.
Course Reserves material are available on a first come, first served basis only. You may not place a hold for later use.
No more than four items may be checked out at a time.
Laptop Loan Policies and Procedures
Videos and Headphones.
Library use only, material must be returned to the Course Reserve Desk.
1 Day, 3 Days, and 1 Week
Material may leave the library, due dates are stamped on each item, material must be returned to the Course Reserves Desk.
Laptops are due when the study room key is returned. Laptops not returned within 24 hours are presumed lost, and a replacement fee of $912, in addition to overdue fees will be assessed.
- Library laptops
DO NOT leave the main library.
- Do not leave the laptop unattended at any time.
- You must have a valid CMU ID.
- Laptops are checked out for study room use only.
- Laptops are checked out for 2 hour increments, if the study room is renewed the laptop is automatically renewed.
- You are financially liable for the loss or damage to the laptop.
- Any files saved to the laptop will be lost upon rebooting. Your work must be saved to a thumb drive or CD before turning off the computer or returning it. The library is not responsible for lost files.
- No software is to be installed on the laptop computers.
Although renewals are not allowed, you may re-check the material out if no one is waiting for it.
If material is in demand the Course Reserves and Copyright Services staff has the right not to re-check the material out to you.
If you keep an item past its date due time, overdue charges will result. Overdue notifications will be emailed to your
CMICH account only. If you do not have a CMICH account they will be sent by regular mail. Overdue notifications are sent by the library as a courtesy;
failure to receive or read the messages does not excuse the overdue fines.
2 Hour Reserve:
$1.00 for the first hour
$0.25 for each additional hour
1 Day, 3 Days, and 1 Week Reserves:
$1.00 for the first day
$0.50 for each additional day
- After 14 days overdue there is a charge of $5.00 for each item. (For example, the charge of 5 overdue items is $25.00; overdue fines are non-refundable.) EXCEPTION: Multicultural Videos are charged at 2 days overdue. Media Collection fines are immediate at $5.00 per day per item
Overdue and lost material charges may be paid at the
Student Account Services and University Billing office located in the lower level of the Bovee University Center.
Material not returned within 21 days of due date will be assumed lost. The borrower will be charged the actual library purchase price and a $15.00 non-refundable processing fee per item. If the purchase price cannot be determined a $60.00 replacement charge will be assessed plus the $15.00 non-refundable processing fee. If an item which was assumed lost is returned within one year, the replacement charge, but not the $20.00 processing and late fees will be credited to the borrower's account.
A Circulating item may be recalled for another borrower and the loan period may be reduced. Failure to return the item by the date given on the recall notification will automatically make the book overdue and the borrower subject to overdue penalties and suspension of borrowing privileges.
Please email any questions or concerns to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Course Reserve and Copyright Services office at (989) 774-3114.