A gymnast turned investment bank officer, a leader within the United States Olympics Committee, and an LGBTQ+ advocate are among those being recognized at Central Michigan University's annual Alumni Awards ceremony.
The CMU Alumni Association celebrates five alumni, a student leader, and a corporate partner this month with an invitation-only ceremony and dinner in recognition of their support to the university.
The National Alumni Awards are the highest honors presented by the CMU Alumni Association. These awards are given to individuals and corporations who have made significant achievements professionally and within their communities.
This year's honorees include:
- Kelly Skinner, '02, Distinguished Alumni Award – VP of USOC
- Jon Voigtman, '84 , Dick Enberg Alumni Commitment Award
- The Children's Foundation, Foundation Partner Award
- Dr. Jon Humiston, '98, '08, '17, Alumni Service Recognition Award
- Dina & Robert Richard, Honorary Alumni Award
- Kaitlyn Prebelich, '20, Future Alumni Leader Award
- Emily Reeves, Future Alumni Leader Award
Award recipients are nominated annually and selected by alumni, faculty, and friends of the university because of their strong connection and affinity for CMU.