The Central Michigan University Board of Trustees will consider approval of renovations to Troutman Residence Hall when it meets virtually Thursday at 8:30 a.m.
The remodeling of Troutman will provide an upgraded living-learning experience for student residents by transforming four-person rooms into two-person suites with two full-size beds. The project scope will upgrade many interior features and modernize the infrastructure, look and feel of the residence hall.
Also on the agenda for the last meeting of 2020:
- Approval of more than 1,500 December graduates.
- Authorization for university leadership to review and propose changes to the current budget model.
- Election of the Board of Trustees' 2021 officers.
- Authorization of 2021-22 deferred maintenance projects.
Wednesday's committee meetings are open to the university community and general public virtually via this link. Along with reviewing several items that will be on Thursday's formal agenda, highlights of the committee meetings Wednesday include:
- Enterprise Risk — 1-1:50 p.m. — Discussion will focus on post-COVID realities for higher education, including the use of technology to enhance access, the rapid decline in perceived value of higher education, and fiscal priorities and economic challenges.
- Academic and Student Affairs — 2-3 p.m. — Provost Mary C. Schutten will update the committee on planning for the spring semester. Jennifer DeHaemers, vice president for recruitment and retention, also will present an overview of her division and an update on enrollment efforts.
- Finance and Facilities — 3:05-4:05 p.m. — The committee will review and discuss the fiscal year 2020-21 financial update.
Thursday's formal session is also open to the university community and general public virtually via this link.
In accordance with the Board of Trustees Bylaws, public comment will be allowed for Thursday's formal session by submitting a request online; comments must be provided in advance to be read at the meeting. Given the virtual meeting, public comment will not be delivered in person for this meeting.
The agendas for Wednesday's committee meetings and Thursday's formal session are available on the Board of Trustees website.