The Central Michigan University Board of Trustees will consider approval of a $428 million 2020-21 operating budget as well as master's/specialist and doctoral tuition rates when it meets in formal session at 8:30 a.m. Thursday.
In addition, several university leaders will provide updates on CMU's coronavirus response and plan to resume face-to-face operations.
At their formal session, trustees also will consider approval of:
- An additional meal plan option to benefit students impacted by or concerned about social distancing or other COVID-19-related issues.
- Establishment of a long-term affiliation with CMU Medical Education Partners.
Along with reviewing several items that will be on Thursday's formal agenda, highlights of the committee meetings Wednesday include:
- Policy and Bylaws, 12:40-12:55 p.m. — The committee will review traffic ordinance amendments approved as part of the 2020-21 campus map.
- Enterprise Risk, 1-1:50 p.m. — Trustees will discuss various financial risks related to COVID-19.
- Academic and Student Affairs, 2-3 p.m. — Update on planning for fall semester and academic response to COVID-19 from Provost Mary C. Schutten. Jennifer DeHaemers, vice president for recruitment and retention; Tony Voisin, associate vice president for student affairs; and Lee Furbeck, executive director of admissions, will give an update on enrollment activities for fall 2020.
- Finance and Facilities, 3:05-4:05 p.m. — Jonathan Webb, associate vice president for facilities management, will present an update on summer construction.
The trustees-faculty and trustees-student liaison committees do not meet in June.
Thursday's formal session and Wednesday's committee meetings listed above are open to the university community and general public virtually through the following links:
In accordance with the Board of Trustees Bylaws, public comment will be allowed for Thursday's formal session by submitting a request online and providing comments in advance to be read at the meeting. Given the virtual format, public comment will not be delivered in person for this meeting.
The agendas for the June meetings are available on the Board of Trustees' website.