Three finalists for associate dean of Central Michigan University's
College of the Arts and Media will appear at open forums on campus in the coming weeks.
The forums, from 1-1:50 p.m. in the Music Building's Chamichian Recital Hall, will give each candidate an opportunity to meet with the CMU community.
Tuesday, Nov. 19: Carly Johnson — Johnson is a professor and chair of the Department of Music at Alabama State University in Montgomery, Alabama. She earned a doctorate in trumpet performance and literature from The Ohio State University in Columbus, a Master of Music degree in trumpet performance from University of Florida in Gainesville and a Bachelor of Music degree in music education from the Dana School of Music at Youngstown State University in Ohio.
Tuesday, Dec. 3: Jonathon Russell — Russell is an associate professor of graphic design in the
Department of Art and Design at CMU. He earned a Master of Fine Arts degree in graphic design
From Fort Hays State University in Kansas and a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in visual communications with a minor in art history from Southern Illinois University Carbondale in Illinois.
Thursday, Dec. 5: Brad Shope — Shope is associate dean of the College of Visual and Performing Arts at Kutztown University in Pennsylvania. He earned a doctorate in ethnomusicology from Indiana University-Bloomington and a Bachelor of Science degree in music from Indiana University School of Music-Bloomington.
Dean Janet Hethorn announced the associate dean search in June. Pete Vermeire, associate dean of the College of Science and Engineering, is chair of the search committee. Also on the committee are:
- Sean Baker, faculty, journalism.
- Steven Berglund, chair, theatre and dance.
- Linda Binkley, faculty, School of Music.
- Elizabeth Carlson, faculty, communication.
- Jon Humiston, executive assistant to the provost.
- Eric Limarenko, faculty, School of Broadcast and Cinematic Arts.
- Johanna Paas, faculty, art and design.
- Kristen Skiver, human resources representative.
- Sandra Wilson, manager of business operations, College of the Arts and Media.
The goal is to have a new associate dean in place by January.