Central Michigan University Provost Michael Gealt has appointed a committee to assist in the national search for the dean of the College of Business Administration. The new dean will replace Charles Crespy, who will retire Sept. 30. Karl Smart will serve as interim dean upon Crespy's retirement.
Bob Martin, vice president of advancement, will chair the 17-member search committee. Members of the committee are:
- Karen Arthur, director of student services, College of Business Administration.
- Misty Bennett, faculty, management.
- Cali Clark, director of employment and compensation.
- Ian Davison, interim senior vice provost for academic affairs.
- Gay Ebers-Franckowiak, retired principal and managing director, Morgan Stanley; Advancement Board member and member of the Fire Up for Excellence campaign.
- Michael O'Donnell, retired non-executive chairman of the board, Unitek Global Services; Advancement Board member and chair of the Fire Up for Excellence Campaign.
- Obinna Obilo, faculty, marketing and hospitality services adminstration.
- Jennifer Olsen, faculty, business information systems.
- Lori Olsen, chair, School of Accounting.
- Spenser Robinson, faculty, entrepreneurship.
- Carlos Salcido Jr., CMU student.
- Jeffrey Seeley, president, owner and CEO, Carew International; Advancement Board member and member of the Fire Up for Excellence Campaign.
- Jason Taylor, faculty, economics.
- Dave Underwood, vice president and general manager, Johnson Controls; Advancement Board member.
- Jon Voigtman, managing director/senior officer, Royal Bank of Canada; Advancement Board member.
- Nancy White, chair, finance and law.
The search firm Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates will assist the committee. The firm invites the CMU community to provide input on expectations for the new dean at an open forum from 2:30- 3:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 21 in Grawn Hall 150G.