Three candidates for associate dean of Central Michigan University's College of Business Administration will attend open forums this month. The forums, each scheduled from 1-1:50 p.m. in the Gold and Chippewa rooms in the Bovee University Center, will give the campus community an opportunity to hear from each of the three internal candidates.
- Monday, Jan. 13: Misty Bennett — Bennett is chair of the management department and assistant dean of the College of Business Administration. She earned a doctorate and master's degree in organizational psychology and a Bachelor of Science degree in psychology and chemistry from Central Michigan University.
- Tuesday, Jan. 14: Deborah Gray — Gray is the assessment coordinator for the MBA program and professor of marketing in the CMU College of Business Administration. She earned a doctorate in management from Royal Holloway College at the University of London, an MBA from Central Michigan University and a Bachelor of Science degree in marketing from Ferris State University.
- Thursday, Jan. 16: Karl Smart — Smart is interim associate dean of the College of Business Administration and professor of business information systems. He holds a doctorate from the University of Florida, a Master of Arts degree from Utah State University and a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Utah.
Dean Chris Moberg announced the internal search in October 2019. Kathy Irwin, dean of libraries, served as chair for the search committee. Other members of the committee are:
- Richard Divine, chair, marketing and hospitality services administration.
- Steve Harrast, faculty, School of Accounting.
- Jon Humiston, executive assistant to the provost.
- Aparna Lhila, faculty, economics.
- Jim Melton, faculty, business information systems.
- Kristen Skiver, consultant, human resources employment services.
- Jeff Thomas, chair, entrepreneurship.
- Nancy White, faculty, finance and law.
- Michelle Yang, faculty, management.