Two candidates for associate dean of The Herbert H. and Grace A. Dow College of Health Professions will visit Central Michigan University's campus over the next few weeks:
- Gregory Zimmerman, currently department head of clinical laboratory, respiratory care and health administration programs at Ferris State University. His previous roles include positions with Mercy Medical Center in Mason City, Michigan; Metaldyne Corp. in Plymouth, Michigan; and General Motors Co. in Warren, Michigan.
- Vincent Mumford, currently a member of faculty in physical education and sport and an Advancement Fellow at CMU. He also was a Presidential Administrative Fellow at CMU and held roles in academic affairs at River Valley Community College in Claremont, New Hampshire, and at Virginia Union University in Richmond, Virginia.
Each candidate will meet with members of the search committee and participate in an open forum during his visit.
Zimmerman's open forum is from 2-2:50 p.m. Friday, May 31, and Mumford's open forum will be 10-10:50 a.m. Tuesday, June 25. Both will be held in the Health Professions Building's Global Telepresence room 2255.
Concha Allen, director of community engagement and faculty member in the marketing and hospitality services administration department, is chair of the search committee. Other members are:
- Carrie Appold, staff, dean's office, College of Health Professions.
- Dan Ballou, faculty, physical education and sport.
- Jeff Betts, chair, School of Health Sciences.
- Leslie Hildebrandt, faculty, human environmental studies.
- Jeff Inungu, faculty, School of Health Sciences.
- Barbara Jackson, faculty, communication sciences and disorders.
- John Lopes, faculty, physician assistant program.
- Stephanie Richards, faculty, communication sciences and disorders.
- Naveen Sharma, faculty, School of Health Sciences.
- Kristen Skiver, human resources consultant.
- Ksenia Ustinova, faculty, School of Rehabilitation and Medical Sciences.
- Emily Webster, faculty, School of Rehabilitation and Medical Sciences.
- Dimitrios Zikos, faculty, School of Health Sciences.
The new hire will fill the position currently held by interim Associate Dean Denise Webster.