George Kikano, dean of Central Michigan University's College of Medicine, has announced a search for the college's next senior associate dean of research. The new hire will replace Ed McKee, who will step down from his role effective Jan. 7, 2019, to return to his faculty role within the college.
Kikano will chair the 10-member committee. Other committee members are:
- Dr. Tina Thompson, senior associate director of academic affairs, College of Medicine.
- Dr. Ed McKee, senior associate director of research, College of Medicine.
- Dr. Bob Petersen, chair, foundational science.
- Dr. Sethu Reddy, chair, medical science.
- Dr. John Blebea, chair, surgical science.
- Dr. Neli Ragina, faculty, genetics.
- Dr. John Clements, faculty, sociology and environmental science and policy.
- Cali Clark, director of employment and compensation.
- Georgette Russell, assistant dean of faculty and staff affairs, College of Medicine.
The committee plans to review all candidates with the goal of having a senior associate dean starting by fall 2018.