Central Michigan University Provost Mary C. Schutten announced today the calendar for the fall 2021 semester, which will include the university's first two-day fall wellness break sometime in October.
Here are key dates for the fall 2021 semester:
- Faculty prep week — Aug. 23-27
- Classes begin — Aug. 30
- Labor Day (no classes) — Sept. 6
- Fall Wellness Break — October TBA (two sequential dates)
- Thanksgiving break (no classes) — Nov. 25-26
- Classes end — Dec. 11
- Exam week — December 13–17
- Commencement — Dec. 18
- Campus grades due — Dec. 21
Schutten said a committee comprising 20 faculty, staff and students played a significant role in decisions related to the fall academic calendar.
"The final dates take into consideration a variety of factors and reflect the current circumstances related to the pandemic and learning experiences," Schutten said. "I would like to thank the committee for their lively and informative conversations regarding these topics."