Finalists seeking to become Central Michigan University's dean of The Herbert H. & Grace A. Dow College of Health Professions will visit campus this month for interviews and open forums. The 14-member search committee identified four finalists following a national search.
Candidates, in order of their campus visits and open forums, are listed below. All forums will be held from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. in the Bovee University Center Lake Michigan Room.
- John R. Todorovich, department chair of exercise science and community health at the University of West Florida in Pensacola, Fla. Todorovich's forum is scheduled for Monday, Feb. 8.
- Thomas James Masterson, interim dean of CMU's The Herbert H. & Grace A. Dow College of Health Professions. Masterson's forum is scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 10.
- Constance Dean Qualls, chair of the department of speech-language pathology and director of the graduate program at SUNY Buffalo State in Buffalo, N.Y. Qualls' forum is scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 11.
- Gregory H. Frazer, dean of the John G. Rangos Sr. School of Health Sciences at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh. Frazer's forum is scheduled for Monday, Feb. 15.
Linda Perkowski, senior associate dean of faculty and administration for the CMU College of Medicine, chairs the committee. Parker Executive Search, a national executive search firm that specializes in the health education and academic health sciences, is assisting the search committee.
In addition to Perkowski, other committee members include:
- Geoff Bartlett, College of Science and Technology director of development
- Steven Berkshire, Doctor of Health Administration director
- Jeff Betts, chair of the School of Health Sciences
- Alexis Cherven, undergraduate student representative
- Ray Christie, senior vice provost of academic administration
- Tom Claringbold, member of the CHP Advisory Board
- Karen Haskin, director of clinical services for the Carls Center
- Tracy Olrich, Physical Education and Sport faculty
- Naveen Sharma, School of Health Sciences faculty
- Rene Shingles, chair of Rehabilitation and Medical Sciences
- Debbie Silkwood-Sherer, director of the physical therapy program
- Katie Squires, speech-language pathology faculty
- Neeraj Vij, College of Medicine faculty
The committee hopes to have the position filled by the end of the academic year.
Thomas Masterson has been serving as interim dean since the resignation of former CHP Dean Christopher D. Ingersoll. Ingersoll left CMU in Jan. 2015 to become dean of the College of Health Sciences at the University of Toledo.