The Central Michigan University Board of Trustees will convene this week for its final meeting of 2016. The formal session will take place at 8:30 a.m. Thursday in the President's Conference Room of the Bovee University Center, preceded by committee meetings Wednesday.
At the formal session, the trustees will consider approval of a prospective list of more than 2,200 graduates who will receive their degrees or certificates Dec. 17 and $5.7 million in deferred maintenance projects for fiscal year 2017-18.
Trustees also are expected to name their officers for next year and set President George E. Ross' 2017 salary.
In addition, the following committee meetings will be open to the university community and the general public on Wednesday in the President's Conference Room. Along with reviewing items from the formal agenda, highlights of these meetings include:
- Academic and Student Affairs — 2 to 2:45 p.m. — Provost Michael Gealt and David Ash, interim vice president for research and graduate studies, will present on research efforts. A report on the future of student leadership programming also will be presented by:
- Steven Johnson, vice president of enrollment and student services;
- Dan Gaken, director of the Leadership Institute;
- Elizabeth Carlson, communication and dramatic arts department faculty member; and
- Matt Johnson, educational leadership faculty member.
- Finance and Facilities — 3 to 3:45 p.m. — Updates on the budget and major facilities projects will be presented.
- Trustees-Faculty Liaison — 4 to 5 p.m. — Provost Gealt and Academic Senate Chair Melinda Kreth, associate professor of English, will present an update on strategic planning. An update of the Online Academic Program Committee will be presented by David Patton, OAPC 2.0 co-chair and interim associate vice president for enrollment management.
- Trustees-Student Liaison — 5 to 6 p.m. — Discussion items include an updated proposal for a gender and sexuality center.
Agendas for the December meetings and a schedule of committee meetings are available on the Board of Trustees' website.