Central Michigan University Executive Vice President and Provost Mary C. Schutten has announced a nationwide search for the next dean for the College of Education and Human Services.
Betty Kirby, recently named dean of the college, has announced plans to retire effective June 30, 2020.
Jane Davison, acting dean of the College of Science and Engineering, will serve as chair of an 11-member search committee, assisted by search firm Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates with administrative support from Kate Caszatt, administrative assistant in the provost's office.
The committee members are:
- Jeff Angera, faculty, human development and family studies.
- Allison Arnekrans, faculty, counseling and special education.
- Cali Clark, HR representative.
- Shay Dawson, faculty, recreation, parks and leisure services administration.
- Kathryn Dirkin, chair, teacher education and professional development.
- Tanya Domina, chair, fashion, interior design and merchandising.
- Jon Humiston, provost's appointee.
- Jennifer Palacios-Wirz Klemm, acting director of professional education and accreditation, CEHS Center for Student Services.
- Sarah Marshall, faculty, educational leadership.
- Kaleb Patrick, interim director, MSA program.
The search committee invites the campus community to an open forum to provide input on the leadership competencies and experience desired for an ideal candidate for the next EHS dean.
Representatives from Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates will host the forum from 2-2:50 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 29, in Education and Human Services Building 328. Members of the campus community who are unable to attend the forum may submit feedback to Jon Humiston, executive assistant to the executive vice president and provost, at firstname.lastname@example.org.