The Central Michigan University Board of Trustees will hold its first meetings of the new year virtually Wednesday and Thursday.
During the formal session, which begins at 10 a.m. Thursday online, the board will receive an update on academic advising from Evan Montague, executive director of student success and academic advising and assistance.
Trustees also will review and vote on reauthorization of contracts for three public school academies and authorization of one new school. They also will consider several other matters, including:
- Approval of emeritus rank for six faculty and staff.
- Approval of six new scholarship awards and endowments.
- Acceptance of the Office of Research and Graduate Studies quarterly awards report.
The following committee meetings on Wednesday are open to the university community and general public virtually using this link. Highlights of the committee meetings will include:
- Academic and Student Affairs, 2-3 p.m. — Provost Mary C. Schutten will update trustees on the academic prioritization process and discuss fall 2020 student experience surveys. Trustees also will receive an Academic Senate report from Chair Katrina Piatek-Jimenez and an update on enrollment from Jennifer DeHaemers, vice president for recruitment and retention.
- Finance and Facilities, 3:15-4:15 p.m. — Discussion items include a fiscal year 2020-2021 financial update, the capital planning process, budget planning and campus construction.
- Trustees-Student Liaison, 4:30-6 p.m. — Trustees will receive updates on fall semester progress and challenges, as well as spring semester events and activities from leaders of the Student Government Association, Program Board and the Residence Housing Association. The Mary Ellen Brandell Volunteer Center also will present on adapting to meet students' needs amidst COVID-19.
Thursday's formal session is also open to the university community and general public virtually via this link.
In accordance with the Board of Trustees Bylaws, public comment will be allowed for Thursday's formal session by submitting a request online; comments must be provided in advance to be read at the meeting. Given the virtual meeting, public comment will not be delivered in person for this meeting.
The agendas for Wednesday's committee meetings and Thursday's formal session are available on the Board of Trustees website.