Central Michigan University Provost Michael Gealt announced Tim Peters has been appointed associate dean of University Libraries, beginning Aug. 13.
As associate dean, Peters will lead the libraries’ internal operations. He replaces Kathy Irwin, who was appointed dean of libraries in April.
Peters joined CMU in 2007 as director of Off-Campus Library Services and became director of information services in 2010. His title was changed in 2017 to director of library and research and instruction services when the department name changed. He also served as interim associate dean between July 1, 2016, and Feb. 28, 2017.
Peters earned his Bachelor of Science in Philosophy degree from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point; his Master of Library and Information Science degree from Louisiana State University; and his Master of Arts in Higher, Adult, and Lifelong Education degree from Michigan State University.
Peters was one of three finalists selected by the 10-member search committee chaired by Brad Stambaugh, manager of University Libraries' Business Services. Other committee members were:
- Ben Andera, director, information technology academic research and computing.
- Frank Boles, director, Clarke Historical Library.
- Monica Craig, distance education librarian, library research and instruction services.
- Hytham Dali, operations supervisor, Documents on Demand.
- Stephanie Mathson, faculty librarian, library research and instruction services and interim chair of library faculty governance.
- Jane Morey, access services specialist.
- Tim Otteman, faculty, recreation, parks and leisure services administration.
- Amie Pifer, director, acquisitions and metadata services.
- Cali Clark, director of employment and compensation.