Nearly a year has passed since Central Michigan University freshman Ryan Tsatsos of Macomb was killed when he was struck by a hit-and-run driver.
After the accident — which happened Nov. 1, 2015 — an anonymous tip line was established to aid in the investigation. Although nearly 70 tips were submitted, Michigan State Police in Mount Pleasant continue to seek the public's assistance in identifying the driver of the vehicle that struck and killed Tsatsos.
State Police say the vehicle was older and dark colored with four doors and likely has damage to the front passenger side. The car was headed north on Crawford Road at the time of the accident.
The Michigan State Police are asking anyone with information about the incident — particularly anyone who was in the vehicle at the time — to contact them at 989-773-5951.
Safety while walking in the dark
As colder weather approaches and darkness sets in earlier, the State Police offer the following pedestrian safety tips:
- Use sidewalks while walking at night.
- If no sidewalks are available, walk against vehicle traffic and on the shoulder of the roadway.
- Wear bright, visible clothing.
- Do not use your cell phone to minimize distraction.
- Do not walk alone. If you must walk alone, let a friend know when you leave and where you are going.