Central Michigan University is celebrating 14 employees as 2019-20 Staff Excellence Award honorees for their outstanding service to the university and its students.
President Bob Davies presented the awards Tuesday in a series of small-group meetings to adhere to social distancing practices.
"Our passionate and dedicated staff make it possible for Central Michigan University to carry out its student-centered mission," Davies said. "I am proud of each of today's award recipients and the countless others who lead and lift up our community."
Winners are nominated by peers and colleagues for exemplary service to others. A committee of past winners selects the honorees for excellence on the job, serving people well, communication skills, courage and effectiveness, passion for CMU, and modeling inclusiveness and respect.
This year's award recipients are:
- Mark Blackmer, maintenance and repair technician in the School of Engineering and Technology.
- Nel Boose, director, enrollment and financial operations for Education and Human Services.
- Bernadette Cesena, executive secretary in Communication.
- Nicole Ferguson, director, clinical instruction and audiology services in Communication Sciences and Disorders.
- Angela Fulk, executive secretary in Physics.
- Kayla Harber-Bates, assistant director, admissions in Undergraduate Admissions.
- Gary Lane, technology manager II, academic computing in the Office of Information Technology.
- Heidi Mahon, director, student services, advising student services in the College of Science and Engineering.
- Jared Peless, software architect, development and maintenance in the Office of Information Technology.
- Sarah Scoby, coordinator, events and communications, Curriculum and Instructional Support.
- Andrew Starner, multimedia web developer, learning media production, Curriculum and Instructional Support.
- Barbara Steffke, coordinator/online course production, learning management systems, Curriculum and Instructional Support.
- Jennifer Stilwell, technology project manager III, project management in the Office of Information Technology.
- Michelle Veith, director, Student Disability Services.
Read brief Q&A's with the winners here.