Central Michigan University President Bob Davies has announced a search for the university's next vice president for university communications and chief marketing officer.
The new hire will replace Sherry Knight, who stepped down from her role June 30. Executive search firm Greenwood/Asher & Associates is assisting with the search.
Marcy Taylor, associate dean for the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, and Megan Goodwin, interim associate dean for the College of Education and Human Services, will co-chair the search. Other committee members are:
- Cali Clark, director, employment and compensation, human resources.
- Abby Dean, director, integrated marketing, University Communications.
- Lee Furbeck, executive director, admissions.
- Deborah Gray, faculty, marketing and hospitality services administration.
- Sarah Opperman, trustee emerita.
- Marcie Otteman, executive director, alumni relations and development strategies.
- Kyle Pybus-Jerome, ceremonies and events coordinator, President’s Office.
- Erik Rodriguez, interim director, public relations, Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe.
- Toby Roth, interim vice president, government and external relations.
- Heather Smith, interim associate vice president, University Communications.
- Rick Sykes, faculty, School of Broadcast and Cinematic Arts.
- Craig Willey, deputy athletics director, external operations.
The committee, who met for the first time recently, plans to review all candidates with the goal of having a vice president for university communications and chief marketing officer starting in January 2020. Heather Smith will lead the University Communications team until the position is filled.