Finalists seeking to become Central Michigan University’s next associate vice president of financial services and reporting – controller will visit campus later this month for interviews and open forums.
The search committee, chaired by John Fisher, associate vice president/residences and auxiliary services, identified three finalists for the position.
Candidates, the dates of their campus visits and open forums include:
- Keith Jackson, controller of Northern Illinois University. Jackson’s forum is scheduled for Monday, March 17, from 1 to 2 p.m. in the Lake St. Clair Room of the Bovee University Center.
Jackson has held his current position since 1999. Prior to that he served as assistant controller, manager of accounting and senior staff accountant at Loyola University Chicago.
- Mary Hill, associate controller of financial services and reporting at Central Michigan University. Hill’s forum is scheduled for Wednesday, March 19, from 1 to 2 p.m. in the Lake St. Clair Room of the Bovee University Center.
Hill has held her current position since 2005. Prior to that, she served as director of payroll and travel services, coordinator of management information systems and manager of accounting services at CMU.
- Terry Viau, associate dean for support services at Michigan State University. Viau’s forum is scheduled for Friday, March 21, from 1 to 2 p.m. in the Lake St. Clair Room of the Bovee University Center.
Viau has held her current position since 2008. Prior to that she served as assistant dean for administration and assistant dean for planning and operations for the MSU College of Nursing. She also worked at CMU from 1979 to 2004 where she served as director of scholarships and financial aid along with several other assignments during her tenure.
The associate vice president of financial services and reporting – controller serves as the primary administrator for matters pertaining to financial activities originating in the Finance and Administrative Services Division. The AVP is responsible for the administration, operation and direction of finance related service units and oversees the development and implementation of policies and practices relating to the financial operations of the university.
In addition to Fisher, other committee members include:
- Patricia Davison, director/financial planning and operations – Global Campus
- Brad Wachler, senior associate athletics director/internal operations – Athletics
- Philip Kintzele, faculty – School of Accounting
- Ed Grant, general manager – Public Broadcasting
- Kelly Wright, student
- Cali Clark, director/Employment Services – Human Resources