The Central Michigan University Board of Trustees will meet this Thursday to consider tuition and room and board rates for the upcoming academic year.
Trustees will discuss and adopt tuition rates for the 2014-15 academic year for undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and College of Medicine students. Room and board rates also will be set during the formal session at 8:30 a.m. Thursday in the President’s Conference Room of the Bovee University Center.
Other items to come before the CMU trustees include:
- Establishment of a Doctor of Education Technology degree to meet a growing demand for this expertise in both academia and industry;
- Changing the name of the political science department to political science and public administration to better reflect the experiences and degrees students earn;
- Approval of the list of nearly 3,600 students who will graduate May 9 and 10; and
- Consideration of a resolution to partner with the Mid Michigan Cycling Club/Revolution Cycling Club and USA Cycling to host the June 6 time trials for Le Tour de Mont Pleasant.
- Accept $2.5 million in contributions received during the quarter ended March 31, 2014.
- Accept a report of $3.4 million in research and sponsored programs awards received during the quarter ended March 31, 2014.
In addition, the following committee meetings will be open to the university community and the general public on Wednesday, April 30, in the President’s Conference Room.
Academic and Student Affairs 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Finance and Facilities 3:45-4:45 p.m.
Trustees-Faculty Liaison 5-6 p.m.
Trustees-Student Liaison 6-7 p.m.
To view the agenda for the May meeting and a schedule of committee meetings go here.