Two years have passed since Central Michigan University freshman Ryan Tsatsos of Macomb Township was killed when he was struck by a hit-and-run driver.
Police established an anonymous tip line after the Nov. 1, 2015 accident to aid in the investigation. Although nearly 100 tips have been submitted, Michigan State Police in Mount Pleasant continue to seek the public's assistance in identifying the driver of the vehicle that struck and killed Tsatsos.
State Police say the vehicle was older and dark metallic blue with four doors and likely would have sustained damage to the front passenger side. The car was headed north on Crawford Road at the time of the accident.
The Michigan State Police are asking anyone with information — particularly anyone who was in the vehicle at the time — to contact them at 989-773-5951.
Safety while walking in the dark
As darkness sets in earlier, the State Police offer the following pedestrian safety tips:
- Use sidewalks while walking at night.
- If no sidewalks are available, walk against vehicle traffic and on the shoulder of the roadway.
- Wear bright, visible clothing.
- To minimize distraction, do not use your cellphone.
- Do not walk alone. If you must walk alone, let a friend know when you leave and where you are going.