Central Michigan University today announced the recipients of its Staff Excellence Award. The eight award winners will be honored for outstanding service to the university and its students during a ceremony at 3:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 29 in the Bovee University Center Rotunda.
Staff members were nominated for the award by peers and colleagues in recognition of their exemplary efforts in serving others. Winners were selected based on their values of integrity, respect, compassion, inclusiveness, social responsibility, excellence and innovation.
This year's recipients are:
- Karen Arthur, College of Business Administration;
- Eric Bellmore, information technology;
- Dinah Bird, facilities management;
- Roxanne Jordan, College of Education and Human Services;
- Shawna Ross, Mary Ellen Brandell Volunteer Center;
- Derrick Stair, Gov. John Engler Center for Charter Schools;
- Deborah Howard, admissions; and,
- Ann Miller, faculty personnel services.
Award recipients receive an honorary plaque and a free senior officer parking pass for one year.
For information on past recipients, award criteria and more, visit the online Staff Excellence Award guide.