What is a Designated Official?
An individual who, when they are notified of any sexual and gender-based misconduct, is required to immediately report the information to the Title IX Coordinator or designee. Designated Officials include, but are not limited to:
- Senior Officers;
- Athletic Coaches, Trainers, Staff, and Volunteers;
- CMUPD Employees;
- Professional and Administrative Staff;
- Academic Department Chairs;
- Resident Hall Directors and residence life paraprofessional staff;
- Peer Advisors and other Residential College staff.
Additionally, all supervisors have a responsibility to report allegations or observations of employees engaging in sexual and gender-based misconduct.