Central Michigan University honored several outstanding faculty at the 2012 Faculty Excellence Exhibition March 14 at Park Library. Nine faculty members were presented with President’s Awards, Excellence in Teaching Awards, the Faculty Distinguished Service Award and the Lorrie Ryan Memorial Teaching Award.
During the ceremony President George E. Ross commended faculty for their outstanding service. “The research, creative endeavors and scholarly activities of these faculty members fulfill an important responsibility we share as a public university — to improve our world and the communities we serve.”
President’s Award for Outstanding Research and Creative Activity
Created for peers to select and recognize outstanding senior faculty members for scholarship of national and international merit.
- Koblar Alan Jackson, Physics
- Michael Papa, Communication and Dramatic Arts
Faculty Distinguished Service Award
Created by the Provost in 2002 to recognize faculty members with a record of sustained and distinguished service at CMU and/or in the individuals’ profession.
- Maureen MacGillivray, Human Environmental Studies
Lorrie Ryan Memorial Excellence in Teaching Award
Given each year to a faculty member who inspires students through an exemplary commitment to community service and demonstrates a profound mentorship and respect for others.
- Eric Buschlen, Recreation, Parks and Leisure Services Administration
Excellence in Teaching Awards
Created by the Academic Senate to provide special recognition to faculty members who exceed the usual standards and expectations.
- William Wandless, English Language & Literature
- Jeffrey Angera, Human Environmental Studies
- Krzysztof Kulawik, Foreign Languages, Literatures & Cultures
- Lana Ivanitskaya, School of Health Sciences
- Mark Cwiek, School of Health Sciences