Associate Vice President/Director Intercollegiate Athletics
Rose Center 100
phone: (989) 774-3046
- The athletic director leads a team of dedicated coaches, trainers, and staff that keep CMU’s athletic teams active and successful in the Mid-American Conference. The director is responsible for knowing, following, and implementing NCAA rules and regulations, enabling CMU to keep its Division I-A status in the conference. The athletics office is an active fundraising unit for the university and is regularly visible in the community and across the country as representatives of CMU. The position is also responsible for overseeing improvements and expansions to the university’s athletic facilities.
Karen J. Haskin, MSA, RHIT, CHCO, OHCC
HIPAA Privacy Officer
phone: (989) 774-2829
- The HIPAA Privacy Officer is the designated official
to oversee the daily operations of the HIPAA program. The operations of the HIPAA office include
the development, implementation, and maintenance of policies and procedures, HIPAA
training program, monitoring program compliance, investigation and tracking of
incidents and breaches, and insuring patient rights in compliance with federal
and state laws.
Mary Martinez, MSW
Interim Executive Director/Office of Civil Rights and Institutional Equity
Title IX Coordinator
Bovee University Center 306
phone: (989) 774-3253
- The executive director of the Office of Civil Rights and Institutional Equity supervises the maintenance of related reports and records, provides and develops related educational programs and materials, offers guidance and advice to all community members on the university's nondiscrimination and affirmative action policies and procedures, assists departments with recruitment and retention activities, and receives and resolves complaints of discrimination from students, employees and others.
Dr. A. T. Miller
Vice President and Chief Diversity OfficerWarriner 319phone: (989) 774-3700email: email@example.com
- The Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer (VP and CDO) leads the institutional efforts to create opportunities and implement strategies to define, promote and evaluate institutional diversity, inclusion and cultural competency. The VP and CDO serves as the senior administrator responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive strategic plan for furthering diversity across the campus and by leading efforts to create a diverse, inclusive and welcoming environment for all students, faculty, staff, alumni and community partners. In addition, the VP and CDO provides strategic leadership and management in policy development for the operation of programs, training, and engagement in order to achieve institutional diversity and cultural competency goals.
Dr. Manuel R. Rupe
Vice President and General Counsel
1303A West Campus Drive
phone: (989) 774-3971
- The general counsel serves as chief legal officer for the university, providing legal opinions, advice and assistance to all university offices. The Office of General Counsel advises university officials on the law’s effects on policy and business decisions, receives and reviews contracts, provides consultation on academic or administrative matters that have legal implications, and handles all litigation and administrative agency proceedings involving the university.
Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer
West Hall 202
phone: (989) 774-1702
The vice president for university communications and chief marketing officer is responsible for significantly enhancing the university's visibility and increasing awareness and understanding of its mission, vision and academic programs among external and internal constituents.
They will strategically plan and lead the conceptualization, development, integration and implementation of all marketing, branding and communication strategies; execute a positioning strategy for the university; and develop and implement new marketing initiatives to strengthen the university's reputation nationally and internationally among all key constituencies.
Director of Internal Audit
Warriner Hall 203
phone: (989) 774-2317
- Internal Audit is an independent office that examines and evaluates all activities of the university. The office provides analyses, appraisals, recommendations, and counsel concerning university financial and procedural policies. The director also develops an annual audit plan and works with external auditors to ensure the ongoing integrity, efficiency, and effectiveness of financial and other management control systems.
Executive Director of Detroit Outreach
777 Woodward, Suite 160
Detroit, MI 48226
phone: (313) 496-5196
- This position serves as the manager of the facility, coordinates events and activities within the office, serves as Central Michigan University's primary connection to Metro Detroit for community events and activities, and oversees and directs the work of the office receptionist. Building and nurturing relationships with the Detroit business and civic community and serving as a liaison with other CMU units is an important component of this position.