Interim Associate Vice President/Director of Athletics
Rose Center 100
phone: (989) 774-3046
- The athletic director leads a team of dedicated coaches, trainers, and staff that keep CMU’s 16 athletic teams active and successful in the Mid-American Conference. The director is responsible for knowing, following, and implementing NCAA rules and regulations, enabling CMU to keep its Division I-A status in the conference. The athletics office is an active fundraising unit for the university and is regularly visible in the community and across the country as representatives of CMU. The position is also responsible for overseeing improvements and expansions to the university’s athletic facilities.
Katherine M. Lasher
Executive Director/Office of Civil Rights and Institutional Equity
Title IX Coordinator
Bovee University Center 306
phone: (989) 774-3253
- The executive director of the Office of Civil Rights and Institutional Equity supervises the maintenance of related reports and records, provides and develops related educational programs and materials, offers guidance and advice to all community members on the university's nondiscrimination and affirmative action policies and procedures, assists departments with recruitment and retention activities, and receives and resolves complaints of discrimination from students, employees and others.
Manuel R. Rupe
Vice President and General Counsel
1303A West Campus Drive
phone: (989) 774-3971
- The general counsel serves as chief legal officer for the university, providing legal opinions, advice and assistance to all university offices. The Office of General Counsel advises university officials on the law’s effects on policy and business decisions, receives and reviews contracts, provides consultation on academic or administrative matters that have legal implications, and handles all litigation and administrative agency proceedings involving the university.
Director of Internal Audit
Warriner Hall 203
phone: (989) 774-2317
- Internal Audit is an independent office that examines and evaluates all activities of the university. The office provides analyses, appraisals, recommendations, and counsel concerning university financial and procedural policies. The director also develops an annual audit plan and works with external auditors to ensure the ongoing integrity, efficiency, and effectiveness of financial and other management control systems.
Associate Vice President of University Communications
West Hall 202
phone: (989) 774-6107
- The associate vice president of University Communications serves as the university’s chief communications officer, working with the team to advance CMU’s goals, vision, and national reputation and integrity. Consisting of the public relations and internal communications, integrated marketing and digital communications, and creative services and licensing units, University Communications serves as the voice of CMU and is responsible for the protection and advancement of CMU’s brand and identity. University Communications staff members advise university employees on methods to identify and communicate with CMU’s primary audiences, including prospective students, alumni and donors, through printed and digital communications platforms, strategic marketing plans and public relations efforts.