Cords and Medallions

Only societies and programs approved by the Academic Senate may wear insignia at commencement. A list of approved societies and programs can be found on the Academic Senate's website.

Honors Cords and Medallions

Honors cords and medallions are for undergraduate students only. Undergraduate students graduating with honors will receive, at no cost, honors medallions or cords. Summa Cum Laude and Magna Cum Laude graduates receive medallions and Cum Laude graduates receive cords. Eligible students have several opportunities to pick up their honor cords or medallions:

Grad Fair
Grad Fair 2019 will be held Monday, March 18, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and Tuesday, March 19, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. in the Bovee University Center Rotunda.

Registrar's Office
Honor cords or medallions can be picked up at the Registrar's Office (Warriner 212) from Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - Friday, May 3, 2019.

For additional information regarding graduating with honors, please see the Graduating with Honors webpage.

Please contact the Registrar's Office with questions regarding graduating with honors.

Registrar's Office

212 Warriner Hall | 1200 S. Franklin St.
Mount Pleasant, MI 48859
Email: | Phone: 989-774-3261
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Veteran Cords

Graduates who are veterans or active duty military will receive veteran cords in recognition of their military service. Eligible students have several opportunities to pick up their veteran cords:

Veterans' Resource Center Office
Veteran cords can be picked up at the Veterans' Resource Center (VRC) office (Bovee University Center Room 110) until Friday, May 3, 2019.

Commencement Weekend
Veteran cords can be picked up at Graduate Registration (located in the Large Sports Forum of the Student Activity Center) on commencement day.

Veterans cords cannot be mailed to graduates. Please contact the Veterans' Resource Center with questions regarding veteran cords.

Veterans' Resource Center

Bovee University Center Room 110 | 103 East Preston St.
Mount Pleasant, MI 48859
Email:| Phone: 989-774-7991