Curriculum and Assessment
The Office of Curriculum and Assessment is a unit that reports to the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs. Staffed by the Director for Curriculum and Assessment and support personnel, responsibilities of the Office of Curriculum and Assessment include:
- Provide assistance to the Assessment Council with the implementation of assessment activities according to the Policy on Student Learning Outcomes Assessment.
- Disseminate assessment-related information to the campus community, provide expertise, and support faculty and staff development activities related to student learning outcomes assessment.
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, and other campus personnel to develop program assessment plans and provide support with gathering information about student learning outcomes assessment.
- Assist faculty with the development of curricular initiatives and the expansion of opportunities for students that reinforce CMU's commitment to a student-focused learning environment.
- Support CMU's curricular processes as identified in the Curricular Authority Document, including the submission of program information to the Presidents Council, State University of Michigan.
- Work collaboratively with College Assessment Coordinators, the University's Assessment Council, and FaCIT to enhance assessment initiatives and foster a campus-wide culture of assessment.