The Fulbright Program is the largest U.S. international exchange program offering opportunities for students, scholars, and professionals to undertake international graduate study, advanced research, university teaching, and teaching in elementary and secondary schools worldwide. The program is designed to “increase mutual understanding between people of the U.S. and people of other countries.”
A candidate must:
- present a strong academic or professional record
- demonstrate language preparation
- demonstrate the feasibility of the proposed study/research or teaching assistantship project
- provide personal qualifications
Year of Application
Senior or Graduate
To be considered a CMU nominee, candidate must complete and submit the pre-application to the National Scholarship Program. Students have the option to apply “at large” without the endorsement and assistance of the National Scholarship Program.
CMU nominees must submit the 1-5 page Fulbright application, language forms, three (3) letters of recommendation, transcripts, and other supporting credentials to the National Scholarship Program. The program will finish preparing and send the official application on behalf of the university and the student.
Application DeadlinesFor campus and national deadlines, click here.
- Phame Camarena, Ph.D., - Director, University Honors and National Scholarship Program, (989) 774-3902, email@example.com
- Maureen Harke - Coordinator, National Scholarship Program, (989) 774-3902, firstname.lastname@example.org