The National Scholarship Program is now accepting pre-applications for
Gates Cambridge Scholarships which support international graduate level study at University of Cambridge.
The priority pre-application deadline to be considered for a nomination to compete for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship is April 13th.
The Gates Cambridge opportunities can be explored on the Gates Cambridge website.
The official deadline to submit Gates Cambridge Scholarship pre-applications is June 16. After June 16, the National Scholarship Program will only review Gates Cambridge pre-applications from students who can demonstrate significant knowledge about the scholarship and their proposed program of study.
If you have any questions after thoroughly exploring the opportunities, please email Dr. Maureen Harke at email@example.com
Gates Cambridge Scholarship Information
Gates Cambridge Scholarships are for graduate study and research in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. Scholarships are awarded on the following criteria: intellectual ability, leadership capacity, a good fit with Cambridge, and a commitment to improving the lives of others.
- Must be a citizens of any country outside the United Kingdom
- Must apply to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study:
- Ph.D. (three year research-only degree)
- One year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
- MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree)
- Must apply to study any subject available at the University of Cambridge
- Must be admitted to one of the degrees above at Cambridge through the University's normal admission procedures - the Trust does not admit students
- Must be applying for a new course of study or research if they are already a student at Cambridge - e.g. those who have already started their Ph.D. are not eligible to be considered for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship
Candidates who are, or have been, in receipt of a Gates Cambridge Scholarship may apply for a second scholarship; such candidates must apply by the second, international deadline and go through the same process of departmental ranking, shortlisting and interviewing as all other candidates.
Year of Application
Senior or Graduate
Although the Gates Cambridge Scholarship does not require institutional endorsement, the National Scholarship Program would like to assist candidates in the application process and require the completion of a Pre-Application.
The application includes three letters of recommendation (two academic and one other), transcripts, and degree certificate (if applicable). See the Gates Cambridge website for the official list of application materials.Application DeadlinesFor campus and national deadlines, click here.
- Phame Camarena, Ph.D., - Director, University Honors and National Scholarship Program, (989) 774-3902, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maureen Harke, Ph.D. - Coordinator, National Scholarship Program, (989) 774-3902, email@example.com