The National Scholarship Program is now accepting pre-applications for Marshall Scholarships which support international graduate level study at U.K. institutions.
The priority pre-application deadline to be considered for a nomination to compete for a Marshall Scholarship is April 13th.
The Marshall opportunities, institution options and scholarship length, can be explored on the Marshall Scholarship website.
The official deadline to submit Marshall Scholarship pre-applications is June 16. After June 16, the National Scholarship Program will only review Marshall pre-applications from students who can demonstrate significant knowledge about the scholarship, and their proposed U.K. institution and program of study.
If you have any questions after thoroughly exploring the opportunities, please email Dr. Maureen Harke at firstname.lastname@example.org
Marshall Scholarship Information
Marshall Scholarships support U.S. students in any field to study at the graduate level at a United Kingdom institution. Marshall Scholars are expected to become leaders in their disciplines and to strengthen the “unique relationship” that exists between the U.S. and the U.K.
A candidate must:
- be a U.S. citizen (at the time of application for a scholarship)
- hold his or her first undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year U.S. college or university
- have obtained a grade point average of not less than 3.7 (or A-) on his or her undergraduate degree (exceptions will be considered only on the specific recommendation of the sponsoring college)
- have graduated from his or her first undergraduate college or university after April 2014, and not have studied for, or held a degree or degree-equivalent qualification from a British University
Year of Application
Senior or Graduate
Applicants must complete and submit the pre-application by the Campus Deadline
and be endorsed by the CMU Marshall Review Committee and the National Scholarship Program.
Once endorsed as the CMU nominee, the National Scholarship program will provide assistance in the completion of the application and is responsible for submitting the online application. Along with the online application, four letters of recommendation and academic transcripts are required.Application Deadlines
For campus and national deadlines, click here.
- Phame Camarena, Ph.D. - Director, University Honors and National Scholarship Program, (989) 774-3902, email@example.com
- Maureen Harke, Ph.D. - Coordinator, National Scholarship Program, (989) 774-3902, firstname.lastname@example.org