Marshall Scholarships support U.S. students in any field to study at the graduate level at a United Kingdom institution. Marshall Scholars are expected to become leaders in their disciplines and to strengthen the “unique relationship” that exists between the U.S. and the U.K.
A candidate must:
- be a U.S. citizen (at the time of application for a scholarship)
- hold his or her first undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year U.S. college or university
- have obtained a grade point average of not less than 3.7 (or A-) on his or her undergraduate degree (exceptions will be considered only on the specific recommendation of the sponsoring college)
- have graduated from his or her first undergraduate college or university after April 2014, and not have studied for, or held a degree or degree-equivalent qualification from a British University
Year of Application
Senior or Graduate
Applicants must complete and submit the pre-application by the Campus Deadline
and be endorsed by the CMU Marshall Review Committee and the National Scholarship Program.
Once endorsed as the CMU nominee, the National Scholarship program will provide assistance in the completion of the application and is responsible for submitting the online application. Along with the online application, four letters of recommendation and academic transcripts are required.Application Deadlines
For campus and national deadlines, click here.
- Phame Camarena, Ph.D., - Director, University Honors and National Scholarship Program, (989) 774-3902, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maureen Harke - Coordinator, National Scholarship Program, (989) 774-3902, email@example.com