- Minimum of 3.25 average SOS score or 4.06 average College of Medicine score
- Minimum of 2 years employment with CMU
- Tenure-track – teaching a minimum of 9 credits per year
- Fixed-term – teaching a minimum of 12 credits per year
- College of Medicine – a minimum of 50% allocation within the Education and Training component of the CARE Model
2. Teaching Philosophy and Narrative
What is your philosophy of teaching?
(250 words or less)
Please summarize specific examples within your teaching practices to address how you:
- Build rapport with your students?
- Create clear and high expectations?
- Increase the knowledge level of students?
- Engage students?
- Inspire students to learn?
- Build a sense of community within the classroom?
- Apply content to real life in a student-friendly manner?
3. Two Peer Recommendations
How do you know the candidate?
Have you observed this candidate in any other circumstances? If so, please describe.
How long have you known the candidate?
Please provide examples of the nominee's:
- Effectiveness in conveying subject matter in the classroom
- Organization of classroom materials and overall preparation in subject matter presentations (syllabus, handouts, visual aids, etc.) and delivery of these materials)
- Enthusiasm about teaching his/her subject matter
- Creativity in instructional methods and materials
- Respect shown toward students in the classroom
- Availability and willingness to help and/or mentor students
- Positive and professional role model for students
4. Three Student Written Recommendations
Please summarize specific examples of the teaching practices of your instructor to address how they:
Build rapport with students?
Create clear and high expectations?
Increase the knowledge level of students?
Inspire you to learn?
Build a sense of community within the classroom?
Apply content to real life in a student-friendly manner?