- Read the entire syllabus and know the policies for each class in which you are enrolled – pay attention to deadlines and due dates!
- Complete the online
Readiness Assessment to determine if you are a good candidate for a technology-based educational delivery system.
- If you choose to video-conference into the class, make sure your computer set-up is ready for it – webcam, microphone, high-speed internet.
- Check the Course Calendar, Announcements, in Blackboard and your email regularly (at least 2-3 times per week).
- Keep current on class recordings, if not attending the live class (either in person or online).
- Keep current with all course assignments, quizzes, and examinations.
- Ask questions and communicate with the instructor.
- Remember that the greater degree of online learning you choose means that you also assume greater responsibility for your own learning outcomes.
Adapted from What to Expect in a HyFlex Course from Texas A&M University (2017)