The CIS Audio Maker Space is a self-booking recording space that provides a noise-free environment for recording high quality narrated presentations. The space is available for faculty use and is located in the Office of Curriculum & Instructional Support, Park Library 413.
- Reserve Space
- Record Presentation
- Upload and Share
1. Reserve Space
- The Audio Maker Space is available to reserve 8am-5pm Monday-Friday
- To reserve, create an Outlook Calendar event and invite
- If available, the space will auto-book and you will receive a confirmation email that includes a link to a website that will help you to prepare for recording
- If you attempt to reserve a time that is not available, you will receive an email declining the invitation so you can choose another time.
2. Record Presentation
- The room has step-by-step guidance printed so you can easily go through the process. You should review the
Audio Maker Space Recording Guide ahead of your scheduled time.
- The Audio Maker Space uses the centrally supported Panopto Recorder to record audio, PowerPoint slides, and other visual materials on screen.
- Annotation is available using the Pen tool when in PowerPoint.
3. Upload and Share
- After recording, users are guided through steps to upload their narrated presentation to their personal Chipcast/Panopto folder.
- Once processing is completed, users receive an email for each presentation they recorded with links to view, edit, and share their content.
- By default, recordings are only viewable by their respective creators, so in-room guidance for setting permissions is provided for faculty looking to share a link with their class.
Recording Equipment in the Audio Maker Space
- Radio-quality microphone
- 28” Windows Surface Touch-Screen PC
- Dual Monitor Setup
- LED lighting
- Acoustical panels reduce ambient noise
- Record using the familiar Panopto application. Other software for demonstration creation may be available with advance notice.