The Lightboard Maker Space is a self-booking, user-guided recording studio, for instructors, located in Park Library 413I.1. The Lightboard Maker Space makes it easy to record high-quality, handwritten video content for courses.
What can be created in the Lightboard Maker Space?
1. Reserve Space, 2. Record Presentation, 3. Upload and Share
- The Lightboard Maker Space, located in Park Library 413I.1, is available to reserve 8am-5pm Monday-Friday.
- To reserve, create an outlook calendar event and invite
email@example.com as an attendee as shown below. Outlook will recognize the email address as a room resource when booking. (Learn more about how to book a room in Outlook)
- If available, the space will auto-book and a confirmation email will be sent that includes a
link to a website to prepare users for recording. Please review that site before arrival in the maker space.
- If an attempt is made to reserve a time that is not available, an email declining the invitation will be sent so another time can be chosen.
- The Lightboard Maker Space is designed to capture a lecture along with whiteboard style content. Optionally, PowerPoint can be used to overlay and annotate slide content. Below are tutorial videos that demonstrate how to record with, or without PowerPoint.
Video Guide: How to Record, Edit, & Share a Lightboard Video
Video Guide: How to Mark-Up PowerPoint on a Lightboard Video
Video Guide: Use PowerPoint to Display Talking Points
- The room has step-by-step guidance posted on the wall making it easy to go through the recording process multiple times if desired. Be sure to view the Lightboard Maker Space Wall Guidance ahead of time.
Upload and Share
- After recording, users are guided through steps to upload their video to their personal Chipcast/Panopto folder.
- Once processing is completed, users receive an email for each video they recorded with links to view, edit, and share their content.
- By default, recordings are only viewable by their respective creators, so in-room guidance for setting permissions is provided for faculty looking to share a link with their class.
For a tour of the Lightboard Maker Space, contact Phil Coffman
, Manager of Creative Media Production.
Recording Equipment in the Video Maker Space
- Industrial-grade, aluminum frame with a 6ft x 4ft custom cut, low-iron glass
- 4K camera with position control
- LED studio lighting system
- 55” LCD confidence monitor
- 3-element microphone with digital signal processing
- Acoustical treatments
- Record using the familiar Panopto Recorder App
Video Ideas for Overlaying Graphics