The CIS Lightboard Maker Space is a self-booking recording studio for faculty located on the fourth floor of Park Library. The Lightboard Maker Space makes it easy to record high-quality and engaging video content for your course.
1. Reserve Space
2. Record Presentation
3. Upload and Share
- The Lightboard Maker Space is available to reserve 8am-5pm Monday-Friday.
- The space is located directly behind the elevators on the fourth floor of the Park Library in room 413I.1. Simply enter through the doorway labeled Rooms 413D-413S and the first door on your left will be the Lightboard Maker Space (Room 413I.1).
- To reserve, create an outlook calendar event and invite email@example.com.
- If available, the space will auto-book and you will receive a confirmation email that includes a link to a website that will help you prepare for recording.
- If you attempt to reserve a time that is not available, you will receive an email declining the invitation so you can choose another time.
- The room has step-by-step guidance printed so you can easily go through the recording process multiple times if desired. You should also view the Lightboard Studio Recording Guide ahead of your scheduled time.
- The Lightboard Maker Space allows users to (optionally) overlay digital graphics onto their video to annotate or reference in their presentation. See the
Lightboard Studio Recording Guide for more details.
- The Lightboard Maker Space guide uses the centrally supported Panopto Recorder to record video, voice, and (optional) overlaid graphics via a PowerPoint presentation.
Upload and Share
- After recording, users are guided through steps to upload their video to their personal Chipcast/Panopto folder.
- Once processing is completed, users receive an email for each video they recorded with links to view, edit, and share their content.
- By default, recordings are only viewable by their respective creators, so in-room guidance for setting permissions is provided for faculty looking to share a link with their class.
What kind of video can I create in the Lightboard Maker Space?
Recording Equipment in the Video Maker Space
- Industrial-grade, aluminum frame with a 6ft x 4ft custom cut, low-iron glass
- 4K camera with position control
- LED studio lighting system
- 55” LCD confidence monitor
- 3-element microphone with digital signal processing
- Acoustical treatments
- Record using the familiar Panopto Recorder App
If you'd like a tour of the Lightboard Maker Space,
contact Phil Coffman
, Manager of Creative Media Production.