The Office of Curriculum and Instructional Support assists faculty with the development of curricular initiatives and the expansion of opportunities for students that reinforce CMU's commitment to a student-focused learning environment.
In collaboration with the Academic Senate Office, The Curriculum Information and Resources
section of the senate website provides navigational tools for CMU’s curricular processes. CIS is here to support and consult in the following areas:
- Curriculum Proposal Development: assist faculty and staff with course and program modifications as well as new course and program proposals.
- Curricular Mapping: provide guidance using a three-phase approach to realign program and course components aimed at enhancing efficiencies and student learning.
- New Program Consultation: assist with identifying approval timelines, avoiding potential delays during the approval process, preparing documents for review, and developing implementation strategies.
- Identifying Curriculum Best Practices: provide strategies related to best practices to ultimately establish a highly efficient curriculum process.
- Assessment Management: assist programs with bridging curriculum and assessment to enhance learning and overall program quality.
For assistance, please contact us at