FAQs about H-1B

​Frequently Asked Questions about H-1B Employment Authorization for CMU Employees

H-1B is a temporary, nonimmigrant classification providing employment authorization for those in a specialty occupation. Specialty occupations are those that require both theoretical and practical knowledge and at a minimum, a bachelor's or higher degree as entry into the position.