The Office of Global Engagement contributes to Central Michigan University’s mission to, “prepare students for productive careers, meaningful lives, and responsible citizenship in a global society” by providing centralized support for many of CMU's international initiatives. OGE’s overarching objective is to foster intercultural understanding and global perspectives among the CMU community.
To this end, we provide the following core services to the CMU campus:
- Ensure regulatory compliance for CMU’s international students, scholars, and faculty
- Support CMU international student success from pre-arrival through graduation
- Facilitate student participation in study abroad programs
- Administer faculty-led study abroad programs
- Assist in establishing international partnerships and the drafting and review of international agreements
In addition, we promote greater internationalization in collaboration with academic units and campus partners such as International Recruitment and Outreach, English Language Institute, Office for Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and National Scholarship Program, among many others.
Our statement on racial justice and inclusion:
The Office of Global Engagement stands in solidarity with our Black students, staff, faculty, and alumni. As international educators, our core mission is to foster intercultural understanding at home and in a larger global context. We are committed to combatting systemic racism through listening to the experiences of our Black community members and examining our own practices, policies, programs, and attitudes to uncover ways we can contribute to a more just, equitable, and inclusive society.