Financial Assistance

  • Ontario College Award

    We understand that recently the Canadian dollar to U.S. dollar exchange rate has not been in the favor of our Canadian students.  Because of this, CMU has developed the Ontario College Award.  To be eligible for the Ontario College Award, students must be admitted and enrolled in the Master of Arts in Education program with a concentration in Community College offered by Central Michigan University in Ontario. Students need to enroll and attend courses face-to-face in Ontario Canada.  Students must maintain an active enrollment status and be in good academic standing as defined in the CMU Graduate Bulletin.  Eligible students will receive an award of 15% off the standard tuition rate. * 

    *Discount cannot be combined with another Canadian discount or award offer from CMU.  The award will be discontinued if the exchange rate falls below $1.15 Canadian dollar to every $1.00 U.S. dollar.  Applies only once to each of the 10 courses in CMU's Master of Arts degree in Education with a concentration in Community College in Ontario.  For complete eligibility requirements, please read the application form found in the Financial Forms section. 

  • Employer Reimbursement

    Many CMU students receive financial assistance from their employer.  Please check with your employer to see if they offer any kind of tuition remission or tuition reimbursement. 

  • OCASA Membership

           Central Michigan University is partnered with the Ontario College Administrative            Staff Association (OCASA).  Active OCASA members can receive a 5% discount                on tuition as well as the ability to waive their application fee and graduation fee.              For more information on the OCASA / CMU partnership, please visit the OCASA               website: 

*Discount and fee waiver cannot be combined with another Canadian discount or award offer from CMU and applies only to the MA in Education Community College concentration program.

  • Registered Retirement Savings Plan Option

    If you have a Registered Retirement Savings Plan through the Canadian government, you may able to use some of those savings through a Lifelong Learning Plan.  This Lifelong Learning Plan may be used to finance full-time educational opportunities for you or your spouse/common-law-partner. Please refer to the Canadian Revenue Agency's website for more information:

  • Payment Plans - Enroll in a payment plan if you'd like to break your semester charges into affordable monthly payments.

  • OSAP

    Students attending CMU's Master of Arts in Education program in Ontario are eligible for OSAP.  Students should visit the OSAP website to start the process.  You will need to email any documents requiring school verification to globalint@cmich.eduFor OSAP and tax reporting purposes, CMU's MA in Education program is considered a full-time program.

  • CMU Scholarships - Check out the CMU scholarships available to see if you may qualify.