The Global Ambassador Program is a group of highly diverse and motivated international students and scholars. Ambassadors are invited to share their unique experience through a variety of speaking engagements, presentations, and other multicultural events both within and beyond the CMU and Mount Pleasant communities.
The goals of the Global Ambassador Program are to foster global awareness, increase cross-cultural education, strengthen internationalization at CMU and beyond, enhance the international student and scholar experience at CMU, and support CMU's mission, vision and core values.
Requirements of Becoming an Ambassador
In order to be considered to participate in the Global Ambassador Program, you must:
- be in good academic and immigration standing at CMU
- be available for various campus and community events throughout the year
- have diverse knowledge of your home country
- possess a high level of enthusiasm for diversity
- be motivated, outgoing, and involved in campus activities
- successfully complete Global Ambassador Program training and orientation
Benefits of Being an Ambassador
As a Global Ambassador, you will:
- improve your public speaking and presentation skills
- receive hands-on leadership training by the Leadership Institute.
- earn a certificate of service, which you can include on your resume or in a portfolio
- be provided transportation to off campus events
improve your own understanding of other cultures
To become a Global Ambassador, click on the button below to complete an application: Submit an Application