I-20 Change for ELI to Academic

I-20s issued for students in the English Language Institute are slightly different than I-20s issued for students in academic programs. Students who complete ELI requirements and continue on to an academic program must therefore have their I-20 updated to show this new program of study. To request this I-20 change, click on the button at the bottom of this page and follow the instructions from there. You should request this no sooner than your last semester in the ELI, only once your ELI hold has been removed from your student account.

IMPORTANT NOTE: ELI 198 and ELI 199 are considered academic classes. Therefore, if you plan to take all academic classes in addition to ELI 198 and/or ELI 199 but no other ELI classes, you are not considered an ELI student. You are only considered an ELI student if you are taking classes in the intensive or dual program.

If you have any questions about the I-20 change from ELI to academic, please contact Tyler Morkin in the OIA at morki1tj@cmich.edu or (989) 774-4308.

When asked to select a term, select the semester in which you plan to begin academic classes: 

Request ELI to Academic I-20 Update