Transfer Your I-20 to Another School

If you decide to transfer schools or start another program at a different school after you graduate from CMU or finish OPT, your I-20 and SEVIS record should be transferred to your new school. Please note that "transfer" in the SEVIS/I-20 sense is not the same as an academic transfer; your I-20 can and should still be transferred even if you're not transferring academic credits to your new school.

Important Information for I-20 Transfers

If you wish to have your I-20 transferred, Please read the following information carefully. If you have questions about the information here, please ask an OGE advisor.

How to request an I-20 Transfer