I-94 entry records can be accessed electronically through the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) website here: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/recent-search.
In the event CBP makes an error with your I-94 entry record, it may be necessary to have your I-94 corrected. Examples when correction might be necessary include:
- Missing I-94 for most recent entry, with or without correct entry information on the "travel history" page
- Incorrect information on your I-94, including misspelled name, incorrect date of entry, incorrect date of birth, incorrect class of admission, etc.
Before requesting a correction, please talk with an OGE advisor about your specific issue.
To request an I-94 correction, please follow these steps:
Make an electronic copy of the following documents:
- Your passport bio page (page with photo and biographical information)
- Your visa page in your passport
- The entry stamp that corresponds to the date of your entry for which your I-94 requires correction
- Your CMU I-20
- If your entry appears correctly on the travel history page of the I-94 website, take a screenshot of the travel history page (SEE EXAMPLE)
Save these files to your computer and use the following file format to distinguish them: Your Name - Document Name. For example:
Sam Student - Passport Bio Page.
Download the email template below. Once you have written your email, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. All I-94 corrections for CMU students should be sent to this address, even if you did not enter the U.S. through the Detroit airport.I-94 Corrections Email Template
Once you email your request, it can take up to 6 weeks to receive a response from CBP. Please note that OGE cannot check on the status of your correction request nor can we contact CBP on your behalf to expedite the request.