International Faculty Services

​The Office of International Affairs (OIA) offers assistance to faculty, staff, and other department members who are interested in inviting international scholars to join CMU. To request forms to invite international scholars, please contact our office so that we can prepare the official documents for the Exchange Visitors and Scholars (J-1).

We also provide assistance in obtaining work visas (H-1 B) for non-citizens or non-residents of the United States to allow them to work at CMU. Eligible faculty and staff members who are interested in becoming legal permanent residents of the United States can seek our help to obtain this benefit from the U.S. Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services.

If you require further information, please feel free to contact Lindsay Barron at or by phone at (989) 774-4308.