Faculty Development & Exchange Sponsors

Agencies that Sponsor Faculty Development and Exchanges:

Agency Purpose Contact

Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE), Summer Faculty Seminars Understanding the need for Colleges and Universities to internationalize, CIEE has developed faculty Seminars in order to stimulate academic initiatives towards that goal. These seminars are 1-2 weeks in length and explore international issues through lectures, site results and academic interchange with overseas colleagues. Afterwards, faculty return to their campuses poised to incorporate their experience into curricula, course design ,and internationalization at an institution-wide level. Applicants from all academic disciplines or administrative areas are encouraged to apply. Deadline for application is March 15th.
More information about the seminars is available at www.ciee.org/ifds

Council for the International Exchange of Scholars (CIES) CIES oversees the operation of the Fulbright Senior Scholar Program for university faculty and staff. CIES representatives provide applications, help in application preparation, review the applications, and work with embassies and host countries to select the Fulbright recipients USIA Fulbright Scholar Program
Council for International Exchange of Scholars
3007 Tilden Street NW Suite 5M
Washington, DC 20008

At CMU, information and assistance is provided by:
Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
Foust Hall 251
Ph: 774-6777

Academic Resource Network Formerly the National Faculty Exchange, the Academic Resource Network On-Line Database provides a broad range of options from traditional faculty exchanges to possibilities for collaborative research/publications, and employment. http://www.schoolmarm.org/arnet/

DAAD-German Academic Exchange Service DAAD promotes cooperation for international academic and scientific exchanges in Germany for students and faculty. http://www.daad.org/

International Research and Exchange Board (IREX) IREX provides opportunities for U.S. scholars to conduct research in the Newly Independent States (formerly the Soviet Union), Central and Eastern Europe, and Mongolia. International Research and Exchange Board
1616 H Street NW
Washington, D.C. 2006
(202) 628-8188


United States Department of Education (DoEd) DoEd provides a number of international programs related to foreign language studies, training, travel, establishing Centers, and research. Several of their initiatives are joint efforts with the Fulbright-Hayes Program. United States Department of Education
600 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20202-0498