Men About Change is a male mentoring
program that was initiated by Multicultural Academic Student Services in
the fall of 2007. Men About Change serves as a brother-peer program to
the Women's Initiative of Strength and Hope mentoring program. This
program provides young men at Central Michigan University with the
opportunity to enhance their leadership skills as well as obtain
professional and academic guidance in order to help them obtain their
undergraduate degrees while preparing them to assist other young men to
do the same.
Men About Change is a group of men who have the ability and potential to change their environment. It is a brotherhood of influential leaders who spread hope and transform the culture of CMU's campus and community through involvement and intentional personal development.
The goals and objectives of Men About Change are to:
• Increase retention of young men at CMU and ensure that they obtain their
• Increase civic engagement as well as the effectiveness of male leadership at CMU
• Cultivate compassionate, progressive, and proactive mentality among young men at CMU
• Prepare young men to be resources to their community
program is open to all. There is no cost to be a part of this
initiative. We only require a little of your time and ask that you
invest in your own future as well as your peer's. Participants of Men
About Change will be granted a variety of free opportunities to develop
academically, professionally, socially, and culturally.
More specifically, involvement in this program will provide participants with the following:
• Monthly workshops covering a variety of academic & professional development
• One-on-one and small group mentoring
• Informational gatherings each month to aid social development
• Free access to conferences
• Provide you with useful information regarding campus and community resources.
• Resources that will enhance your cultural understanding of the world.
Meeting Times and Locations:
Men About Change will meet every Tuesday at 5 pm, located in Kulhavi 141 and 142. Spring 2015 meetings start January 29, 2015.
(Meeting times and dates are flexible to change)
Multicultural Academic Student Services
Bovee University Center 112